Av. España 1680, Casilla 110-V
Valparaiso, Chile, 2390123.
Phone: +56 32 265 2612
Fax: +56 32 2797469
Email: matias DOT zanartu AT usm DOT cl
I have been always attracted by areas of knowledge that intersect more than one traditional discipline. My interests are centered on the development of digital signal processing, system modeling, and biomedical engineering tools that involve speech, audio, and acoustics. My recent research efforts have revolved around developing quantitative models that describe nonlinear effects in human speech production, and applying these physiological descriptions for the development of communication and clinical technologies. I have a BS degree in Acoustical Engineering, and MS and PhD degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Interview in Tecnociencia Canal 13C is out! Starting on minute 21:40 (link)
- Tecnociencia visited our lab. Oficial news and video to be posted soon. (pic)
- Zañartu et. al 2013 IEEE TASLP on Subglottal IBIF accepted for publication (March-14-2013)
- Two Zañartu et. al and one Erath et. al papers accepted for the ICA 2013 (March-12-2013)
- Erath et al. review paper of lumped mass models is now available (link)
- Sommer et al. JASA EL paper on glottal area discontinuities was accepted for publication (Jan-22-2013) pdf
- Article on the talks from Prof. Guttag (MIT), Prof. Hillman (Harvard-MIT/MGH), and Dr. Mehta (Harvard/MGH), Jan 2013. (link)
- Workshop on ambulatory monitoring of vocal function with Prof. Guttag (MIT), Prof. Hillman (Harvard-MIT/MGH), and Dr. Mehta (Harvard/MGH), Jan 2013. (pic)
- Prof. Guttag (MIT), Prof. Hillman (Harvard-MIT/MGH), and Dr. Mehta (Harvard/MGH) will give a seminar on Clinical Voice Analysis at UTFSM on Jan-10-2013 (link)
- Prof. Ingo Titze visited our lab at USM, Oct 2013. (link)
- Dr. Zañartu presented the IBIF algorithm at the first Ibero-American Voice Conference in Santiago (link)
- Students Llico and Díaz presented their work at the JCIB 2012 in Viña del Mar (link)
- Sommer et al. paper published (link - pdf)
- Mehta et al. IEEE TBME paper on voice health monitor accepted for publication!
- USM ranked #1 in Electrical and Computer Engineering in South America by Microsoft Academic. (link)
- Dr. Zañartu presented the IBIF algorithm at the ICVPB in July (link)
- Dr. Erath presented our new acoustic model at the ASME-BED 2012, in Puerto Rico in June
- Sommer et al. JASA EL paper accepted! Soon to appear…
- Mehta et al. Interspeech 2012 paper accepted!
- MIT-Chile project takes off! First visit to Boston was in May (link)
- MIT-Chle Seed fund awarded! (link)
- Our invited paper in the ASA meeting in San Diego is in the news (link)